Our attorneys work on all legal affairs related to the maritime industry with in-depth knowledge not only of the legal side but also about the various technical aspects involved with it which helps us better defend the legal cases we are commissioned with as it is often essential to have prior technical knowledge of the subject in order to offer a good legal defence.
The maritime law cases we regularly intervene in are related to the following, among others:
• Claims relating to cargo transport due to shortages, damages and/or delays.
• Claims relating to sea passenger transport due to delays and luggage damage, personal injury and/or missing luggage or personal violations.
• Maritime insurance and re-insurance. P&I clubs.
• Ship building, sales and repair contracts.
• Ship financing and re-financing.
• Ship loans.
• Privileged maritime credits.
• Arrest of vessels.
• Tax lease. Shipping assistance returns.
• Maritime safety.
• Marine towing.
• Ship fires.
• Shipwrecks and findings. Cultural historical heritage.
• Major breakdowns.
• Sea pollution.
• Piracy at sea.
• Advising on drafting maritime regulations.
• Maritime labour law.
• Asset claims against the Maritime Administration.
• Sanction proceedings.
• Ship registration and nationalisation.
• Port concessions and authorisations.
• Port tariffs.
• Luxury yachts.
• Court defence of maritime claims before all Spanish Courts.
• Recognition and enforcement in Spain of foreign Judgments and Awards.